What is the blog?

This blog is a re-interpretation of the tessendorf.org website I had for several years. At the moment I am putting up the papers and reports page. Eventually I will put up the other pages on frumple and old Arete Image Software materials. You can also find this information at my university page

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Production Volume Rendering
Jerry Tessendorf
November, 2008
This is a set of notes for a very short course on volume rendering. I presented the course over two class sessions at the University of Pennsylvania just before Thanksgiving. Despite the brevity of the class time, I was very pleased to hear afterward from several students in the class who had successfully written volume renderers from the notes (and from some rendering code they had previously built in the class). Some of the students have put up websites (http://www.alinenormoyle.com/projects/clouds/index.html, www.sunilkamat.com/files/ReadMe.pdf, and http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~tgorkin/VolumeRenderer/volumeRenderer.html). Many thanks to Norm Badler, Alla Safanova, Stephen Lane, and Jessica Marcus for inviting me to UPenn and taking care of me during my stay.